Sunday, 22 February 2009

25 Beautiful homes

Now and then I buy a British magazine called “25 beautiful homes”. I just love looking at these wonderful places even if they are way out off my reach when it comes to money. Most of the time they make it sound as the homeowner has an ordinary job but when you start to read and study the things they have - well they are not. Or perhaps I should say no one I know would be able to afford those houses and interior.

Yesterday when I did a very quick tour to the cloth shop to get new long johns I popped in to the new agency I get my cross-stitch mags at. No new cross-stitching mags had come but my eye caught the title “25 underbara hem” alias a Swedish version of the British one. I got it hoping to find 25 Swedish homes but boy did I get disappointed. I know we are not a large country but surly should we have homes to fill a magazine? Instead there are exclusive, jepp even more exclusive than in the British version, homes around the world. Homes in London. Paris, New York, Marrakech, Barcelona, Amsterdam and from countries like Bali, Uruguay and Turkey. And to top this lot more adds than the British version. Needless to say I rather pay the 10 kr more, get 74 pages less and get what I want than what I got yesterday. I guess this just proves that the original is always (well nearly) the best.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe I have ever seen this magazine, but it sounds absolutely fascinating! I think it is always interesting seeing other houses, even if we are just dreaming a little:)

    ReplyDelete