It’s amazing how you can start doing one thing but end up doing a lot more. I had for a very long time thought about cleaning out old folders in my bookcase that I haven’t looked in for years – I’m not even sure I have looked in them since I put them there. Any way while doing this I got a lot of empty space so I decided to reorganise my books so that for instance my Victorian and Wild West material were more close to my desk, all travelling books together, you get the picture. As I started this I realized that it was dusty – extremely dusty. Suddenly it hit me that even if I did a thorough cleaning of the room when my hall was done (I used this room as storage and did the sawing of the hall floor in here), I didn’t dust the books! I guess I wasn’t meticulous as I thought. Or perhaps – which is more likely I was lazy! So I have now started to dust the books and sort them. On the floor there are some neat piles: books that are going to the Red Cross shop, books that fit our waiting room at work, things that are going to be tossed and a few folders with vegetarian dishes that I’m going to offer a vegetarian workmate.
But for now I think I’m going to have a rest and enjoy the last holiday day before going back to work tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You make me ashamed! I have been thoroughly lazy the last few days and haven't even started tackling my big pile of e-mails. I must try to follow your good example!
ReplyDeleteYep..one thing always leads to another..I start out with good intentions on cleaning..then..i decide to check my emails, then facebook..then I decide I should be writing...Sigh...One day I'll do one thing at a time..not now...have to check my website...
ReplyDelete