Thursday, 8 January 2009

Animated Movies

I have loved animated movies for as long as I can remember. Disney + Pixar and DreamWorks present a fantasy world that can be hard to achieve in “real” movies.

I do have several of Disney’s classics and added with DreamWorks the collection I have large collection of movies. I am picky thou. I don’t buy everything: only what I have really liked or sometimes missed when it was at the cinema. When it comes to the classics I do prefer the “old” once – the once that I saw at the movies when I was young. I do have a few of the newer once too but those are bought after I have seen them. Today in the mail today three of Disney’s early classics 6, 8 and 11 and Wall-E came . Wall-E I missed and I do hope it is as good as it seemed on the trailer for it. I think I'm going to have a very relaxing weekend!

My collection of animated movies is different than the other DVD collections I have. The animated once are all bought in Sweden so the figures speak Swedish. I have chosen to do so that the kids can borrow them. However on each DVD is also the English spoken movie and it is always a possibility to choose if I want subtitles or not. I guess this the best of all worlds.

So am I missing any classic? I got some I would like in DVD instead of VHS and some that I can’t get hold of but haven’t given up on yet. I really would like to have Fantasia that was done 1940 and I would like to have Alice in Wonderland. Well some day perhaps.

4 comments:

  1. If you would like it, I have my Dad's VHS tape and you are welcome to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, it might help if you knew what I was talking about! I was referring to Fantasia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney animated films...Nothing wrong with that..I love them too! Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, Fantasia, Little Mermaid. Yep..those are classics. I never failed to miss Walt Disney every Sunday night as a child, just to catch a glimpse of Mickey Mouse or my favorite shows about the animals. Yep...Thank you, Cattis for reminding me of the good things in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure which picture is more gorgeous--Nick or Stella--so I'll vote for both! I started collecting the Disney animated films, too, in anticipation of grandchildren. I think I love "Cinderella" best--little Jacque and Gus-Gus are too cute, and Lucifer is the cat who will probably never make it to that Great Catnip Patch in the Sky! LOL

    Glad to see you online here. I've chatted with you in The Valley.

    Judy (Shiningstar)
    Starting Over One More Timehttp://peaches-startingoveronemoretime.blogspot.com/
    and
    The Word Placehttp://judythewordplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete