After all the setbacks with my kitchen it has now slowly started to get going.
The kitchen itself was ordered in October and will be delivered in January, last Saturday I ordered the tiles and wallpaper (today I got a call telling me that the wallpaper has arrived), and Monday I ordered the floor and that will turn up on the 14th January.
And today – I got my new stove home.
It doesn’t fit; it’s not even supposed to fit, as the plane was that it wasn’t to be installed until the kitchen was in place. And it is not the stove I once ordered. I have learned a lot during the past months especially about stoves. The oven has got, and this I didn’t know until I looked in the instruction book, a pizza/pie function and two sorts of grill functions besides the ordinary warm air and heat function. I think my stove and I are going to have some great moments together. The fancy display the first stove had isn’t there but who cares. Just because it’s fancy doesn’t mean it’s functional, and who knows it might just have been one of those things that looks good but works like crap.
However I am happy that I did do my saffron buns Sunday as I’m sure it will take some time before my new friend Electrolux and I are on the same waveline!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The new stove sounds wonderful and I hope you enjoy using it. I know this is a period of major disruption and you are missing Stella, but it will be lovely when you have your new kitchen done.
ReplyDeleteIt will be so exciting to see you new kitchen come into being. Hope the entire process goes smoothly!
ReplyDelete