I have lately done a couple things I thought I would never do.
1) I have ordered tea online! I have ordered my favourite tea that I before only have been able to find at Selfridges in London (and Düsseldorf’s airport). I knew the company had a site but I never thought that I actually would order from it. And it didn’t stop just there my dear friends in Burr Ridge are getting some coffee and teabags of my favourite tea from that company too.
2) This week I started a savings account. Now that I have done before but I have never had one with just one purpose. This one is called San Francisco 2014. The week I stayed there in 2005 was really nice but still in a way disappointing since I damaged my knee when getting off the plane. I want to go there again and when I earlier this year looked into it I realized that the cost was too high. I can travel and stay in London for 8 nights and still have lots of spending money for the cost of just hotel and plane tickets. Monday this week one of the newspaper had a Lonely planet travellers guide about San Francisco as “extra” and this made me make a decision about saving to a trip and it felt suitable to have a goal too. You see, I plan to celebrate my 50th birthday in San Francisco.
Stella update
I made the tough decision that she shall stay with my parents. I do know that she doesn’t like to go by train and I do already know there will a few trips next year. Stella seems to enjoy her stay. She makes “our” bed each day, she spends so much time in the kitchen that dad thinks she must have been a chief in an earlier life, I say she is probably just amazed that the kitchen can be used for something and that someone knows how to cook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the Stella update. I've been wondering what you decided to do. Sounds like she's in good hands!
ReplyDeleteWell, I know how much you will miss her, but it sounds like Stella is having a lovely holiday with your mum and dad all the same.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to be able to save for and plan your trip to San Francisco! I know you had a very bad time with your knee on your last visit, so it will be wonderful for you to make a return visit. I adored S.F. when I was there in 1977.
I think it is one of the nicest things about the Internet, the way it can give us access to things we really like and have not perhaps been able to find before. I'm so glad you found your tea. I enjoy getting magazines from the U.S. about the Great Lakes, the Wild West and verious Writing magazines. None of them were readily available to me before.