Saturday, 7 November 2009

Things where going so well

Stella left with my parents last Sunday. She looked at me when they drove off, probably wondering why I wasn’t in the car.

Monday came and I called the constructor. They can’t start on the kitchen until the 18th of January and we who had talked about mid-November. I have mangaged to have the kitchen units arrive in January instead of in a few weeks time. I have seen to that the new stove will be installed when it arrives next week.

But my Stella …

I’m feeling like a terrible mom right now. I sent her away and it wasn’t needed. I feel like I have deserted her. I don’t know if I should fetch her and then take her back to Skåne in January. Should I let her stay? That would mean 3 months away from now. Stella has through my father let me know that she wants to stay. Economical I should let her do that. The train tickets cost a lot. I know Stella isn’t that found of travelling by train even if she never protests when we do so. I know my parents spoil her and she gets to ride in the car. I know my parents would be OK with it.

But I’m not OK! It’s empty, not the same emptiness that have accrued when I lost my other two dogs, it’s different, another kind of emptiness. I feel terrible for washing her blankets and storing her food away (did that Sunday). It feels like I’m getting rid of her. I’m scared that if I let her stay she won’t want to be with me, won't see me as her "people", won't want to come home with me or be a miserable dog when she does. What if she feels that I gave her up, deserted her?

Shall I be selfish and fetch her the last weekend in November or shall I let her stay until the beginning of February? I know I have to make a decision this weekend. It should be a easy choice but it isn’t.

2 comments:

  1. That's a tough one. Sounds like you need to weigh the pros and cons and then use that as a way to help you decide.

    I sure understand how you feel about being away from Stella for so long, but dogs are adaptable. I'm sure Stella will do well with whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! What a difficult decision for you, my friend! I suppose you cannot get another contractor to do the kitchen for you?

    I think it will be a very long and lonely winter for you if you leave Stella with the folks until February.

    Good luck with making the best decision for you and I know Stella will be fine whatever you decide to do.

    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete