It started so well yesterday. The train left the station right on time but 15 minutes before we were due in Stockholm it stoped. A train a head of us had lost it tracks. After a while we starting moving backwards and then after another time of waiting we moved towards Stockholm arriving about 2½ hour late.
I did get a new ticket, a first class ticket but had to wait for 50 mins. It was a long wait when you are tired and been up early. I went a bought a magazin, not that I needed one as I already had packed a couple but I found this one interesting because of an artical. The artical was "Uncover secret London". I think I just might visit one of those places "Lina Stores" in Soho.
On board the train it was easy to see those used to travel first class. They grabbed a newspaper and a cup of coffey while entering, the rest of us started to search for our seats. I exchanged places with a husbund so that he could sitt next to his wife, I got the newpaper as a bonus.
Even this ride didn't go very smoothly. When we came to Lund (where Stella and I normally get off) every one who were bound to Malmö also had to get off, for a busride to Malmö. The train itself were going directly to Kastrup so those who had flights to catch wasn't going to miss them.
I took a direct bus to Trelleborg instead. Couldn't see the meaning of first going to Malmö in a bus to there take the bus to Trelleborg. Anyway I arrived 4 hours later than I had planed after about 10½ hours travel. Needless to say I was exhausted.
Some of the triedness did leave when I saw that Stella was really happy to see me. She is staying close to me. She demands my attention. She wants to cuddel and so.
I have 3 to gather energy for the next traintrip and I can only pray that it will be a smoother ride since I'll have Stella with me. Had I had her with me yesterday the wait in Stockholm would have been even longer since there were no seating left on the train for travellers with pets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, what an awful journey! I'm not surprised you were so tired! I am so pleased Stella was so happy to see her mummy again. I wish you a trouble-free journey home, my friend.
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful that you and Stella have been reunited. I also like it that Stella can ride with you on the train. They'd never allow that here!
ReplyDeleteHope the next train trip goes smoothly!