Things are slowly getting back to normal. Thursday meant another trip to IKEA since Rasmus had forgotten to tell me he needed one more long board and two smaller ones. Only this time they didn’t have what was needed which meant that Petra and I been to IKEA today. I do feel sorry for my friend, she has not once complained about going there even if it has been 3 trips back and forth. Any way I didn’t post anything since the things that had happened that day really didn’t show on a photo. And yesterday, well I did come home a bit late after having seen “It’s complicated!. I really do recommend it!
As you will see the kitchen is almost done:
- refrigerator is in place and so is the stove.
- I have a sink and running water.
I haven’t got used to see the pale colours that now are in my kitchen. I do hope it will get better when the floor is seen and the wallpaper is in place. And I do hope my finishing touch will be the ice-ing on the cake.
I can start to shop for food and groceries again. I have really been running low just to have as little as possible to store around in the flat, which by the way is getting to slowly be recognizable and liveable again
What is left, I think, is wallpapering, coats of paint, lights, a few doors, handels, shelves and odd bits and pieces. Oh! Rasmus has to deal with the problem that there is a level difference of 5 cm between the door and the wall when he closes the gap between cupboards and ceiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Things are really coming along, aren't they? Ther kitchen is really taking shape and it looks wonderful! I think all your careful planning and hard work is paying off. You should be very proud of yourself. Petra is a good friend and has been a great help ferrying you to Ikea. I am so pleased all is going so well.
ReplyDeleteThe white cabinets look crisp and clean and give you the ability to use any accent color you want. And you can easily exchange colors whenever you'd like a different look.
ReplyDelete